Sewing Cafe

Patterns, Tutorials and Works in Progress from the Sewing Studio of Lynne Williams

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Beach Quilt Completed

Perhaps you have forgotten about my quilting/home decor project?


There were certainly times this winter when I had, but I am determined to finish some of my current projects, before adding any more to the list.  
Like most projects it started with a dream, a dream to have a summer quilt that reflected  the coastlines from which Chuck and I hail from....Florida and California respectively.


It began with this pattern.
I am a sucker for stars, diamonds, and lots and lots, of small pieces


I collected fabrics for over a year.  Batiks that reflected the sea and sand.
It all finally culminated in this....


It reminds me of beach glass


I did the top quilting myself with a simple orange peel pattern.
The large overlapping circles reminds me of drops on water.
I marked the pattern with a frixion pen and stitched it using my walking foot on my Bernina


I love the backing, a warm cream with swirls of sand on it.

What inspires your quilting?
A place?
A pattern?
A fabric?
A friends quilt? 

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Great job!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like beach glass! Just lovely! (I'm slowly catching up on blog-reading here)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...