Sewing Cafe

Patterns, Tutorials and Works in Progress from the Sewing Studio of Lynne Williams

Monday, July 2, 2012

Charity Quilting Group

For the love of our neighbors and quilting Peg and I have decided to organize a charity quilting group.  I enjoy quilting but I only have 2 beds in my home so quilting for others is the perfect solution don't you think?
Our local homeless shelter is in need of twin size quilts to give to the family's as they leave the facility.  Additionally our local search and rescue/firefighters like to provide people with blankets(lap size) and 
Sew Smart is a drop off point for the Linus project 

Red Pepper Quilts - HST Overload by Rita Hodge
Pretty ambitious for our first quilt right? 
 To keep it a little easier we are doing ours in blues, simple shades of blue

To order your own copy of the pattern head over to Red Peppers Quilts Etsy Store

The original quilt measures 51 x 69  our charity quilt though needs to be a little larger so I have simply increased the size of the half square triangle units.

We currently have 15-20 people participating but I would love to have more....so ...if you have not already received an email from me and would like to join us in quilting nirvana, please leave a comment or email me directly and I will get the official info and instructions out to you pronto!!

I am looking for people who would be willing to quilt a few blocks each month from quality quilting fabrics ( great for reducing your stash) and get them mailed to me upon the stated project deadline,  This first one for instance is 5-7 blocks due by Aug 15th.  
Peg and I will be handling the coordination, design, and finishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...