Sewing Cafe

Patterns, Tutorials and Works in Progress from the Sewing Studio of Lynne Williams

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Stash Progress - A Wee Bit of Warmth for March

My doctor tells me that they're are two types of people in the world...."those who are hot all the time and those who are cold all the time"
I am one of the later.....


My husband suggested that I try wearing a hat in the studio to help with this problem.  The poor man must be tired of hearing me complain about it, as I throw on a sweater and drag around a corn bag all day. (speaking of which....i best do that pronto)

I have been wanting to learn how to crochet and I need to try this cap thing so....creative symbiosis occurs in the production of 2 beanies 


I found this pattern on Ravelry dug through my yarn box and came up with this pleasing combination of grey and yellow.  The grey merino yarn was left over from a knitted toy project from 15 yrs back and the yellow wool.....I cannot recall, which is very disturbing to me.....This is a tragic consequence of my age.

It took me a few attempts, but crochet is so fun and easy to rip out when you make a mistake that I decided to cement my new skills by making another one.


Some of you may recognize this yarn from my recently completed Smartie sweater.  

Sew....these are my stash busting projects for March along with my UFO project the Short Story Pillow

I was hoping to have my Eva Dress Gardening overalls done this month, but alas it was not to be, but I am determined they shall make the stash busting roster for April:)

What did you sew up from your stash this month?

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I can't believe you've just learned how to crochet! Your hats look fantastic! Great job!
    I have made a half square triangle quilt this month using fabric from my stash!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOhh stash quilting is the best! Did you enter it in the Festival of Scrappiness over at Stitched in Color?

      Delete
  2. Those are two very adorable beanies!! I am definitely of the latter half too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on your cap! I sewed up 7 little girls dresses....5 in a matching fabric/different patterns for the granddaughters, 1 a mistake (my DIL took it to see if she could save it) and 1 for charity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Suzanne that sounds sew satisfying! Kids clothes are so fun to sew don't you think and I love the idea of all those girls in beautiful home made dresses. How fortunate they are:)

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...