Sewing Cafe

Patterns, Tutorials and Works in Progress from the Sewing Studio of Lynne Williams

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Studio Arrivals

 While shopping for a pink knit to add to the Active wear grouping I discovered this very fun Viscose knit at Sawyer Brook.  It is described as a a stretch jersey and it has a lovely soft hand and drape...typical of rayon knits.  I only purchased a yard of it and my current plan is to make this out of print Butterick 3344.  version E...which is a sleeveless cowl neck top.  The print is so big and bold I felt a little of it would go along way.  Imagine it paired with skinny white jeans( if I could wear those) or more realistically with a pencil skirt and light weight cardigan, or jacket.



This knit also came from Sawyer Brook but it is a poly spandex and is aptly named Berry Nut Delight.  I have 1.5 yards of this drapey, swirly lovely stuff, and do not what I will be making from it as yet.  Any suggestions?  I do know that the color will work in beautifully  with my Sewing With a Plan wardrobe from last year. 



Buttons- Ooh-la-la, also from Sawyer Brook.  I was searching for something to go on my hand quilted wool and silk...how long is this project going to go on...jacket.  I keep meaning to share pictures with you of this project, but other priority's keep cropping up.  But soon or eventually I will share it with all.  This is one the only unfinished project of 2010 that has migrated into 2011.  Not bad actually right....really been working on finishing what I start.

Please let me know what you think of the buttons.  I initially fell in love with the gold ones, but then the more subdued side of my personality thought I should try something a little more "Blendy" not a real word I know, but I am tired, having worked all day on Wonder Woman's tiara, and suffering from one of my body temperature drops.  In fact I think I shall go take a very hot bath, before I make dinner. 

Night all, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...