Sewing Cafe

Patterns, Tutorials and Works in Progress from the Sewing Studio of Lynne Williams

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Spring Wardrobe Challenge....Say what?

Okay, Okay, I know we are not even through our Active Wear Sew Along, but I just felt I had to mention this Spring Wardrobe Challenge brought to you by Collete Patterns.  If you are not familiar with them here are some of their patterns.   Most of them are vintage inspired and their blog has some nice tutorials as well. 

For a quick link you can always click on the button along the sidebar, this will take you to the latest update on the Challenge.
Now I personnally am looking forward to wearing some spring clothes, and thanks to this challange am already thinking about my color pallete and wardrobe pieces.  That having been said I know that I will not be able to keep up with her 10 week schedule due to work deadlines.  This is not going to stop me from following along though at my own pace, and I encourage you to do the same. 
 On my current agenda is the belt for my Mad Men sew along, which still needs to be made, and after much thought I have decided to complete Chucks Replica Batman Costume as an Anniversery gift.  Some of you may be surprised that he does not have a complete costume... poor man I guess its like the carpenters wife... but that should keep me quite busy for the month of February.  I would like to surprise him...but that is simply not possible.  So you all can look forward to a  Mad Men belt tutorial in the near future along with a costume tutorial, where I will cover the making of the Caped Crime Fighter cape, glove fins, trunks and cowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...