Sewing Cafe

Patterns, Tutorials and Works in Progress from the Sewing Studio of Lynne Williams

Thursday, September 16, 2010

In the Studio

Now, normally I do not post projects that happen outside of class, but I feel this project is an exception.  Chuck and I have a wonderful client who has asked us to create a replica Wonder Women costume,as worn by Linda Carter. What an honor really! 

The costume was originally designed by Donfeld and I am sure many of you are quite familiar with it, but if you need a refresher you can see some great photos here .


The first order of business for me was to replicate Linda Carters fabulous figure.  Our reference told us that she is 5"9" tall with a  37"bust, 25"waist, 35"hip.  Stunning, but after reviving Chuck I decided to purchase 2 Uniquely you forms, their dressform, and also their pant form which I wanted to combine to make a torso form.  After many measurements and creating a dressform cover that replicated Linda's body we cut apart the standard dressform and glued the pantform to uppertorso.  This turned out to actually be the easy part, because forcing that foam form into her long petite cover was a workout, to say the least.  But I am thrilled with the results!  Today I taped the design lines of her costume onto 1/2 of the form with the results you see here. 


I plan on just looking at it over the next couple of days, to see if any of the proportions start to look wrong or funny. Next week hopefully, I will be able to begin draping the muslin for the main costume pieces.    
 Were you a fan of the show?  Do you like to twirl to change your clothes?  Let me know what you think, and I will keep you posted on the progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...