Sewing Cafe

Patterns, Tutorials and Works in Progress from the Sewing Studio of Lynne Williams

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Glamour Girl



In a Herculean attempt to deny the realities of winter I made a dress for spring, an excercise I can recommend to all.

This dress was made from FolkWear pattern #233 "Glamour Girl Dress" which states it is "a stunning example of early 1940's styling, designed to emphasize feminine curves, drape elegantly, and give the wearer an aura of discreet sexiness."

I am very pleased with the results and even received a standing ovation from my husband!

The fabric came from Sawyer Brook and was really lovely to work with, a beautiful weight and hand for a viscose rayon. I did not need to modify the pattern at all, as it has a very easy fit due to the front cinch at the waist. The pattern calls for the front yoke detail to tie at the waist but I found a vintage buckle in my stash and thought it complimented the dress perfectly. Notice the ruching detail on the sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...